Crater Lake is always beautiful !

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Billy Blaze Re-Booted


My pretty grand daughter Ka'mya

It has been nearly a year since I have last jotted down words on my blog.  My personal situation has changed greatly and made many sharp turns during this idle story telling time in my life.  I have lamented long on how I could continue writing down my new stories for you Ka'mya without offending personalities in my past.  I finally decided if I offend some who reads my rantings maybe they could solve the problem themselves by not reading about my adventures and clicking to another web site...

Again I am a single man with the wind firmly blowing at his back.  Once again I am earnestly looking ahead for what exciting adventures lay before me.  During this past year I have lost some of the simple pleasures of life like having the "fake" grand kids hanging around the house due to my new non-marital status. This past month I have struggled to understand why we had to help lay to rest a young fireman friend taken to early in his life due to some silly mistakes he knew better then to take.  Lately I had the unfortunate luck of experiencing a hard drive crash on this very same typing machine, but thanks to another friend who helped me work through the problems of reloading my written life.  Please do not fear for me though.  I have not truly felt this alive in many many years.  I have already began laying the ground work for my next grand venture and the story begins now...

I have lived a fortunate life and have long desired to join one of those renowned international rescue teams that scour the planet helping their fellow man during their most dire of times during a disaster either natural or man caused.  I am nearly at that long awaited time in a man's life called "retirement".  Those of you who know me the best know retirement is not a word in my vocabulary.  I have always wanted to work hard, play hard and live life to the fullest until I am called for my last alarm.  I recently have stumbled onto a humanitarian group called Project Helping Hands.  This non-denominational group of volunteers travels the planet doing heath care work for the more unfortunate indigenous people living at the remote corners of the earth.

                                             http://projecthelpinghands.org/ 


I have been accepted for the Bolivian Mission headed into the mountainous, high elevation region in South America this upcoming March.  Over the next few months my plan is to let my readers know what it takes to plan for an adventure of this magnitude, tell of my time while in country and then to give you my blunt opinions on if we should be investing our time and currency in these foreign lands. Many of my friends think we should be concentrating our efforts on our own under privileged citizens right here in America.

For those of you who have followed along with my past romps, hang on tight, grasp my hand and join with me on my new adventure.   Take a deep breath we land at 13,500 feet in La Paz Bolivia, lets get going gang...

4 comments:

  1. Elizabeth responded in a e-mail to me...
    OMG! Bill!!!!! Humor and story telling are always a first on the checklist of any woman I know in finding the perfect guy. I have just laughed myself silly reading some of your blog - and felt my heart drop in an instant reading your 'Best Opening Line' - then immediately began laughing like an idiot with my continued reading. I wonder as I sit here - in my pj's - alone - what the dogs must be thinking right now. They are looking at me a bit oddly and even barking at me - I think in the attempts to snap me out of my bizarro behavior! I just woke up after having worked my second shift at the Salem Hospital ED (noon to midnight), stumbled out of bed and booted up my computer and began clicking, reading and laughing like a hyenia! The 'boys' know that their 'master' aka 'softie and treat bearer' doesn't make any sounds until her second cup of coffee. Poor lads - they are worried now! I am out of creamer....crud....but your writing woke me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone got some creamer for this poor woman?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never Stop writing this blog rules! It is a gift to us all:) Love you Pop. Intentions are at least half the battle, you know that being in medical industry. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, but at least you can always say you gave it your best shot! Bring the Love!!!! Your Son

    ReplyDelete