Crater Lake is always beautiful !

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

At least mom didn't talk about the Placenta

I'm glad you realize the sacrifices your Grandparents made to acquire the property we call the Home Place.  Which later you worked to crave out a portion of it that became known as Beaver Hollow. I think you are one of the last generations that really does appreciate keeping this as a place to go and enjoy the tranquility of this camp. I'm sure your Grandpa Buster would be proud that you, his name sake, Charles William (aka billy blaze) feels so strong about this place and made an effort to nurture this single little tree into something strong and no longer deformed. Unfortunately others didn't realize the significance this tree held for you.  And "Yes", it galls me too seeing anyone leaving camp that doesn't pickup after themselves, until it grows into the mess you and Uncle Jack had to remove.




I just happen to be thinking today about what was taking place 52 years ago today (July 28th) and possibly more then you care to hear. But on that day the Doctor had told me to take 4 oz. of Castor oil and then walk up the hill out of the Home Place.  Since you were suppose to have been born around the 4th of July.   Afterwards have someone drive me the 32 miles to Grants Pass.  It was your Grandpa Buster driving, with Grandma Mary riding "Shot Gun," on the way to town.  With both constantly asking, how I felt.  I'll skip how I felt.  I did have to make several restroom stops, on one of the hottest days we had so far that year. After a quick exam the Dr. decided to go to step #2. It was called Pit shots (short for something, I don't remember) which involved more walking around blocks of the City, until it was time for the Dr. to close his office, so I was sent to the hospital. Doctors, nurses, your Grandma Mary just couldn't figure out why you wouldn't make an appearance and I was getting pretty tired of this birthing part.  Somewhere in the middle of the next day, after the Dr. had gone home to eat his dinner and I had missed mine, you decided it was time and so I finally delivered at 7:24 pm July 29th. Four or Five days later you went home to the "Home Place", which will always be special for you.

Mom

Isn't it kind of gross to hear about your own birth?  Ahhh well, at least I turned out to be a rugged good looking kid.  I'm glad I have been able to keep that same image 52 years later.

billy blaze

No comments:

Post a Comment