Crater Lake is always beautiful !

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Note to Self

No, the reason I have not posted in a few days is not because I have been killed in some horrific rickshaw crash.  Larrieann had the bright idea to invite all her nieces and nephews, plus throw in the west coast grand kids, to come stay with us this last week.  Rather then like we normally do, spreading all their individual visits throughout the summer. 
NOTE to SELF... don't do that again.

 When you have seven kids at one time, ranging from 6 to 16, they tend to gang up on billy blaze.  I think they even begin to plot ways to get my attention. As with any daycare situation there is always that one child who didn't get spanked enough while growing up so it then becomes my responsibility to "train them up right" in the one week we have them.  And what is it with kids screaming these days?  Hell if we screamed as much as a couple of these children, my mom would have hit us with a shovel.  Screaming in my family, growing up, was only used for rattle snake encounters or the occasional cougar attack.  I finally had too ask a couple of the little girls what they would do if they needed help for real.  They informed me, scream louder, hummm.  I'd be in to much pain to help them because my ear drums would be broken from the high pitch.  Larrieann topped the week off for the kids with a camp out at Beaver Hollow. 


I got a reprieve today because I am pulling a fire shift today. 
Already had a "wicked witch of the east" call today.  Building fell on a lady.  Lucky for her she wasn't wearing those long stripped socks and pointy red shoes when I got there.  I would have had to reconsider helping her out from under it if she was wearing that get up. Tomorrow I head back down to camp to retrieve Larrieann from the hoodlums.  At least if they try and burn Beaver Hollow down today I will be the first to know about it.

4 comments:

  1. At times you make me sound cruel and I only hit you with a shovel once and it wasn't for screaming. I do remember if you or your brothers were crying for some silly reason, that Dad would tell you to come over here and he would give you a real reason to be crying.

    But, OK, what happened with the lady that the building fell on??? Anyway I think you have watched the "Wizard of OZ", to many times. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure what Bills complaining is about. I did all the work. Picked up grandkids in Eugene on Saturday, we picked up Aub and Riley up in Cottage Grove on Sunday. Bill went to work on Monday. Bill went to work on Tuesday as I picked up Kyler and Alexa in Central Point. I watched them play at the park while he rickshawed other kids around. Aub and I grocery shopped and packed all the stuff for camp. Bill did help unload at camp. I fed, clothed and pampered the kids while he worked at camp. He left Friday at approx 5 pm to come home while I still had all the kids (Roseann and Josh showed up so they could take on 2 of the kids). The other parents showed up on Friday morning so my duties were up- other than watching them all have a good time and yelling at them a few times. Bill returned to Camp Sunday just in time to help load the stuff back up and come home. I am still doing laundry and putting stuff away as he watches the news... hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very true the old saying, "A womens work is never done." I don't know what Blaze is complaining about either. Mom

    ReplyDelete