Crater Lake is always beautiful !

Monday, July 5, 2010

A Family Assignment

So as I have mentioned a couple of times, part of the reason I’m creating this blog is so my grand kids will know who I am and what I’m about after I’m long gone. They won’t have to try and guess about these things like I do with my Grandpa Buster. Plus we missed writing down too many of Grandma Gray’s stories.


I don’t really know who is following my blog, my mom, my relatives, a few friends, the C.O.B.s.  I’ve had almost 1500 hits on my site since I started writing. This may only be my mom logging on and off from the site just to make me feel better. Anyway I have a family assignment…

Yep for you too Uncle Jack and Jackie, Sheri, Jason, Aunt Jill and Jack North, Aunt Dorothy and Russ, Karen, Arnie, Lonnie?, Bob, Larry, mom and Pete, Zeek.  There might be some more relatives out there I forgot so you’ll have to chime in without the benefit of being reminded by me.

Your Family Assignment is to write a couple paragraphs about yourself. When you were born, where you’ve lived, what you did or still do for a living. Do you have any hobbies? You can e-mail me at waiting4fire@hotmail.com and I will compile a family tree of sorts to place on my blog. Unless you are under the Witness Protection Program I will expect something from you all, eventually. If you don’t send me something I’ll start making things up about you. I would like my grandkids to also know a little bit about who their distant relatives are also. I’m sure there are things I don’t know about you that I would enjoy hearing about too.


DON’T MAKE ME START MAKING THINGS UP ABOUT YOU!!!

4 comments:

  1. OK, so I check out your Blog on an average of 3 times a day and you've been going, how many days?, well you can do the Math.
    Have sent out the smoke signals, with your request via EMail, even down to the Home Place. Sure alot different then in the old days, with no communications, since it was in what was called a "No telephone service area."
    Way back the family had a dog and a smart one also, that we would sent message to the neighbors on the hill, in a sock pinned around his neck. Or because Buster didn't hear well, would send Old Trigger dog to fetch him, if needed. In the '60's they got a CB radio and Grandma Mary had that turned on night and day. That's how the call went out for an ambulance the night Buster died and a CB'er stay on radio, calming Mary and placed a phone call to me in GP, then relayed between us, till the ambulance arrived. Never did get to "Thank," that voice in the night, it must have been a trucker going through on Sexton Mt. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I have to ask who is the person sitting in the lounge Chair, waving his arm, telling the big fish story or some other tall tale? Grandma Mary, must have heard the story before, as it looks like she is asleep. From left to right, your cousin Sherrie,your wife Larrieann, then your Aunt Jackie and sorry I can't tell who the leg belongs to. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you reconize your own son mom. That's when I still had hair and wasn't fat yet. gees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that was so long ago, that it faded from my mind. Mom

    ReplyDelete