Crater Lake is always beautiful !

Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's Official




...Ka'mya likes her grandpa Billy Blaze in Oregon.  Grandpa wishes he had some of her hair to cover his bald spot.
                                            We celebrated Ka'mya's first birthday with a family reunion of sorts.  Four generations, Grandma Charlie, Billy Blaze, my daughter Erica and the Star of the Day Ka'mya.                   
Meet my son Micheal pedaling us around on my rickshaw.  Yes, Micheal now looks all tall and handsome but I remember back when...
...growing up Micheal was always smaller for his age.  I remember the time when he got involved in the youth soccer program.  One day he came to me and admitted he didn't really like playing soccer because he was afraid of getting hit hard with the soccer ball.  That afternoon I took him down to Jubilee Park where we started kicking the ball around together.  Using one of the chain link fences for a back stop I started kicking the soccer ball at Zeek (my nickname for him, no idea where I came with it).  Slowly and gently at first I kicked the ball into him but gradually upped the speed and power behind my kicks.  Mike was quick and light on his feet and was able to stop almost ever ball I smacked his way.  Before long I was booting them in his direction pretty hard and he was still stopping them.  Sitting him down on the lawn.  I asked, Zeek,  "anybody on the teams you play kick the ball as hard as I just was kicking to you"?  He said no way dad, you were firing that soccer ball at me.  I told  him then you don't have to be afraid of the other kids kicking the ball at you too hard anymore.  He went on to be a pretty good soccer player. 

Now from this teenage picture you probably can see why I was a little bit concerned Zeek wouldn't grow up tall and handsome. Tomorrow night the funniest story I have to tell about Michael but tonight I need to get some rest.  I rickshawed my butt off today and am tired.  I wouldn't have missed giving my granddaughter Ka'mya a ride for all the Dr. Pepper in the world.  She is one cute little fart.

2 comments:

  1. "Happy Father and Grandpa's Day," all rolled into one. Pretty good time we had getting together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now where's that coupon for the wrinkle cream. "There is always a lot to be thankful for, if you take the time to look. For example, I'm sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt." ~Author Unknown

    Such a beautiful little girl, our Ka'yma is and what a nice excuse to get our family together to meet and see her, Erica and Van, then just visit and watch the kids play. I was impressed with the differnt young families and how they shared keeping on eye on or holding a little ones. The kids themselves, at how well they acted, no big fussing or minded if they were told "No." I wish I had made a point of telling all the Mom's and Dad's how proud I was of them all. I couldn't help but feel good myself watching my own. Mom, Grandma & now Great grandma, I love adding all these names.

    ReplyDelete