Crater Lake is always beautiful !

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Let's hear your Beaver Hollow stories

While I will never forget the all out paintball war with Tyler and his dad.  The many inner tube rafting trips, better known as the “Black and Blue Bottom Rafting” due to the water sometimes being low.  I remember this older guy, Bill Raymond, who came to camp with us often. He decided to go on one of the rafting adventures with us one time. By the time he floated back to camp he looked like he had been through a blender. His T shirt was torn almost completely off him and his swim shorts were nervously askew also. I will never forget when he came dragging himself up the narrow trail from the creek leading into camp, carrying his deflated inner tube, with the "Thank God" I lived, look on his face. I’ve seen a picture of him that day but I will need one of you to send me a copy so I can put on the site.

Yep the snipe hunts at night were fun. Putting 1000 water dogs (salamanders) in Mary’s tent was pretty funny also. She had been teasing me pretty bad all day long when I unleashed 20 kids on a project for me. I’ll pay ya a nickel a waterdog, they brought me buckets of them. Sneaking into her tent to unload the kids bounty, hearing her squeal when she found them crawling everywhere in her tent before she went to bed was money well spent. Hearing her scream even louder the next morning when she found one  cuddled up in her bra was priceless. She was the preachers daughter.

I could go on for days about memories I have from camping at Beaver Hollow but part of the idea behind this blog of mine was to get some feedback about some of your favorite memories camping there also. Hands down my absolute most favorite camping trip to Beaver Hollow was spent with those disabled American Veterans from the White City Domiciliary.




Denise and me
battling it out.     
                                  The Gray family reunion

2 comments:

  1. I missed that Reunion, but notice there isn't any light weights in the people you see. Seems Blaze and his fellow friends didn't get the picnic tables they built the first time, with the proper weight load even. Like when say, 2 people on the same side got up to head back through the chow line and the other side ended up was wearing their spaghetti on their chest and laying on their back. Another "America's Funniest Home Video's." To bad Blaze explained how to make a comment. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets not forget to tell the frog story from camp! Love that one!

    ReplyDelete