Crater Lake is always beautiful !

Friday, June 25, 2010

Pondering...

... I have spent a considerable amount of my adult life purposefully staying unattached to people I know.  My life experiences have shown when I get emotionally attached to someone, they either divorce you, move away from the local area, move in a different direction with their own life or pass away.  Working in a small community as a fireman you often have to help seriously injured people you know very well.  I have found it much easier for me to deal with this trauma by keeping people at a arms distance from  me.  If anybody out there can tell me how you could keep from becoming emotionally involved with this little lady I would be interested in hearing about it.


  Ka'mya eating snow at Crater Lake.


Erica and Van's whorl wind tour of Oregon is winding down Saturday with one last stop at her Uncle Jacks campground, the infamous Beaver Hollow.  Erica, her brother Micheal and all their friends spent many, many weekends there with me when I was in the process of building it.

It may be a few days before I post

anything because quite frankly I don't much feel like writing right now.  My "Macgyverism" (the art of taking things around you and using them to solve problems like on the popular T.V. show Macgyver)  is trying to kick in and figure out how I can resolve the problem of Ka'mya living 3000 miles from me.  Generally I am able to come up with quick reliable solutions for complex accident scenes when a persons life depends on it.  Unfortunately, as of yet, I have not been able to develop a plan, on how I can live in Oregon and be as involved in her life, as much as I would like to be.  When Ka'mya lives all the way in Maryland.

1 comment:

  1. It's OK Blaze, even Great grandma's can feel sad at the distance, but remember with all the modern technology we have access to, we can hear and see them, just not hold them.
    I could go on about the people long before us, the pioneer's that crossed the plains, the immigrant that came across the oceans, the present armed service men and women, who have families far away. Up till now our immediate Family has lived reasonable close through the generations.
    Sorry, I don't have an answer to shorting the miles, but remember that "Curley Haired little Girl," and her Mom is right there close to your heart.

    ReplyDelete