Crater Lake is always beautiful !

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just another afternoon project, LOL

Not wanting to be out done by my good friend Lauren who lives in Sunriver.  I have heard from a reliable source he is working on a bridge and path at his house... 

...a few months ago my west coast grand kids informed me that I needed to build a tree house for them at our house so they could have a place to play.  After much grumbling by me about why should I build a tree house for them, I don't even like kids.  Larrieann says I need to come up with a new grumpy tactic, she doesn't think the kids believe I don't like them. 
First problem I had to over come is we didn't have any trees big enough for a fort of any size.  It's hard to grow a suitable tree fast enough before the grand kids have grown too big to enjoy a cozy hideout. Having no tree house schematics to work from I set down one night while watching Bill O"Reilly and sketched out this in depth diagram.  I love the part where I write "Go Slow / Think" in the margin of my chicken scratches.  Boy with the wet weather this Spring I did in fact go slow because I am a fair weather tree house builder.  I figured, shoot $500, build fort, grandpa becomes hero to small children, how hard could it be...

Alex hammering a
stack while helping
 me set the posts.          


 

Alex and Stacy helping grandpa with his simple building project.




Notice very small tree with the limbs cut. Thats the tree involved in this tree house project, to the right side of the picture

 Stacy informs me no dollhouse is complete without window boxes for flowers.



Stryker helps keep me hydrated during the project.  Though some drinks did taste like dog slobber for some reason
 Alex lets me know only girls like flowers so he would like a climbing wall and fire pole, $$$...  Now that the east coast granddaughter is due to arrive in just a few hours we have brought the scene lighting out so I can now work after dark on this simple, low cost project...                

3 comments:

  1. And the Permits to build, cost how much? You did get a permit didn't You?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang-it I knew there was something else I needed beside not having a tree. You need to leave a name so I know who to call for advice next project. Plus this one's not over yet either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous tree house! Lucky grandkids!!
    ... love this blog. Do let us see the finished product with kids in it.

    ReplyDelete